Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) Job – McKinney, TXApply Now
Reports to: Practice Manager / Department Manager
Location: Medical Practice / Other Department
Under direct supervision of the healthcare provider, the Licensed Vocational Nurse functions as a vital member of the healthcare team who contributes by demonstrating patient focused care, effective communication, professionalism, and teamwork. The Licensed Vocational Nurse utilizes approved nursing processes to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided to patients and their families.
- Performs general nursing care to patients by following established nursing care standrards and procedures.
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- Obtains and documents health history, information regarding reason for visit, vital signs, health risk factors and assesses current condition.
- Provides patient care based on clinic guidelines, standards of care, federal/state laws and regulations including but not limited to executing prescribed treatment and medical interventions, administers prescribed medication, performs clinical testing, monitors and documents treatment progress and patient response, refers to and/or consults with healthcare provider to resolve problems or concerns, and engages community services when appropriate.
- Educates patients and families about health status, health maintenance and management of acute and/or chronic conditions.
- Documents timely and efficiently within the EHR and according to practice guidelines. · Patrticipates in multi-disciplinary teams to improve patient care processes and
- Tracks quality assurance data and monitors for acute and chronic care management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited school of nursing required
- 1 year of experience in related healthcare preferred
- Current LVN Licensure for the state of Texas
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism.
- Proficient in basic computer skills to include typing.
- Basic knowledge of clinical procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Team player who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions as listed above.
- Knowledge of nursing processes, health care systems, structure, functions and community resources.
- General understanding of health care technology, equipment, and supplies.
- Familiarity with state and local law regarding nursing care, nurse practice guidelines, and clinic policies and procedures.
- Sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable and/or emergent situations.
- Maintains a positive and caring attitude towards patients and their families.
Physical Requirements: Medium – lifting no more than 50lbs, at a time, frequently care.lift up to 25 lbs., and frequently reaching below the waist and above shoulders. Sitting, standing, walking up to 6 hours or more over the course of a standard workday. Occasional pushing and pulling activity over the course of a standard workday.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Healthcare Associates of Texas is committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, as well as to all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.