Accounts Receivable Specialist – Medical Job – Irving, TXApply Now
Why You'll Love This Job!Your drive for organization and numbers-crunching combined with your passion for problem-solving makes you the perfect candidate for Healthcare Associates of Texas' Accounts Receivable Specialist position!
In this role, you will join an outstanding team of professionals at a highly respected company where your experience and knowledge will be valued and rewarded. You also will receive an excellent benefits package that includes paid leave and a generous retirement plan.
Apply as our AR Specialist today to get on the path to success with an industry leader in the healthcare arena!
Accounts Receivable Specialist Responsibilities
- Identifies delinquent accounts, aging period and payment sources.
- Processes delinquent unpaid accounts by contacting third-party payers.
- Responsible for appealing incorrectly processed claims and, if necessary, making the appropriate adjustment.
- Files secondary claims in a timely manner.
- Assists practice administrators and patients with insurance issues and questions.
- Responsible for filing primary paper claims.
- Handles all incoming correspondence from insurance companies.
- Scans documents when necessary into the practice management system.
- Negotiates payments with non-contracted insurance payers.
- Participates in appeals hearings as requested by specific insurance companies.
- Attends training seminars and/or staff meetings and participates in special committees as required.
Accounts Receivable Specialist Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associate degree in business, accounting, healthcare or related field
- Insurance billing experience using CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Effective communication skills with co-workers, patients, insurance companies, outside physician offices and physicians
- Ability to identify areas of account problems and explain effectively to patient
- Demonstrates acute awareness of insurance company contracts
- Ability to analyze payment denials and compose necessary letters of appeal
- Able to maintain effective working relationships with physicians, administration and other staff members
- Possess ability and desire for cross-training in all areas of the Business Office
Type: Full Time (Hourly) Date Posted: Thu, 6 Dec 2018 00:30:07 GMT job number: 16557Back to All Jobs